My Novels

My Novels
Click through to buy my books

Aug 23, 2010

Where the heck have I been?!?

As of late I’ve found myself taking an inadvertent blog-cation(as in blog vacation). This has been for a few reasons… A) I’ve been challenged (by my biggest fan) to write an 80,000-word rough draft of a novel in under a month, if you’re a writer, you’ll know what I mean when I say that that level of dedication is tough and something had to go… apparently, that something was blogging. B) My critique partner, the lovely Joann, and I have exchanged manuscripts. That’s right, the ball is finally rolling again. Huzzah! C) Life just gets in the way!

I’ll try not to let it happen again, dear internet.

Having said this let me inform you that I am, in fact, 40% done with the first draft of my challenge novel! (or maybe more by now… depending on when you read this)

Also, if you look to the poll results, I’ve found myself in a conundrum! Although, I can eliminate B, (thanks for that I didn’t like it either), I’m still stuck between A & C. Would you like to know something funny about these two paragraphs… I wrote C about two weeks ago, without looking at the original paragraphs I’d written. A, I wrote back in May when I was only four or so chapters in… If you have an opinion to share on the subject, you’re more than welcome to try to sway me toward the query you like more.

Now… about that whole life thing getting in the way, I should be doing laundry right now…

2 comments:

  1. I have to go read and vote, but speaking of life getting in the way, we are off for an eye exam and the last of the back to school shopping and then tomorrow, oh sweet tomorrow, school begins.

    I was able to really dig in to your manuscript this weekend. I am riveted! Can't wait to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend I was going through blogs when I realized you haven't updated in a while. Nice to have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete