Nov 8, 2010

On Genres

8. What’s your favorite genre to write? To read?


When it comes to writing I definitely think I prefer SF&F. I’ve dabbled in some other genres, but honestly… they’re not as fun. I have to say that if I could choose the career I would most like, I’d love to publish in YA Fantasy and Adult Science Fiction. That being said, I’m still going to write whatever book I want to write – at least until I’m under contract and have to write what I’m signed to.

Reading is different. I’ll read anything. I think that SF&F along with some classic literature are probably my “favorite,” if you want to put a label on it… However, I’m non-discriminatory towards most types of novels. Generally, though, I read things in the genre and age range for which I’m currently writing.

1 comment: