Jan 25, 2011

Being Sick = No Productivity

I’ve been sick




So I’ve gotten next to no work done. Ugh. Don’t you just hate that? I do. I feel so unproductive. That makes me antsy. I mean – and I don’t know if you noticed, but I didn’t even blog yesterday! Crazy. I know.

Here’s one of the main reasons I hate being sick: I don’t read. I can’t. It’s like. I feel ill and suddenly the part of my brain that does the reading completely forgets how to translate words on the page to my brain. Okay, it’s not that drastic. But I have no motivation to even pick up the page.

Mostly, I spent Friday through Monday asleep. I had tonsillitis – again – and there’s really nothing that can be done for it (they won’t remove them anymore).


But I’m back today! My throat has decided it’s done throwing itself a pity party and I’m popping Advil congestion relief as often as possible, so I’m back and I’m getting back to work, because I hat being unproductive! And, you know, I’m a very self competitive person, this means that I must beat last year’s numbers!

At least 5 rough drafts must be completed this year!

And now I’m going to get to work on those. Because I want them to be like brick built pig houses – no straw or sticks form me!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling a little better! Good luck with all your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They won't remove your tonsils? Why not? Can you be too old for that?

    I had mine out when I was five and it has been awesome ever since. I rarely get sick and can't get strep throat. My daughter gets it so often we may have to have hers removed.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, being sick is no fun and I'm glad the germs have decided to move on and leave you alone for now. Rah--onward with the writing projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got over your sicky sickness. And I find it interesting, because when I'm sick, I can't knit, but I can totally read!

    ReplyDelete