My Novels

My Novels
Click through to buy my books

Jan 13, 2011

Marshmallow

Sugar, you may be nothing more than fluffed Modified Corn Starch

But I love you for both your Natural and Artificial Flavors.

You might be clingy, but I know that’s just because you’re mostly Corn Syrup

Without your colorful side, things like Tetrasodium pyrophosphate,

You’d just be Water mixed with Gelatin.

When you run out I’ll be Color (blue 1)




RWH: For this week's prompt, grab something out of your pantry and write a short piece - using all the words in the ingredients. It can be fiction or non-fiction, poetry or prose.


My initial thought was... does the knife block count?

I don't technically have a pantry. I have this:



And 90% of the things in my "pantry" are single ingredient things. So I ended up going with marshmallows. The words that are bold are the ingredients.

17 comments:

  1. Ah, sweet marshmallows. There aren't enough blog posts about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Yum...Really want a marshmallow now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh zatarans red beans and rice, your riboflavin % is twice as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, now I'm craving marshmellow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just bought bags of them ... 8 little 13 yr old's for a slumber party tonight and smores are on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Good job tying in the tetrasodium ya-da ya-da. I steered clear from those types of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marshmallows are super yum, especially toasty between some graham crackers, hugging a Hershey bar!

    Stopping by from RDC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! All that fake stuff scared me off a little bit, but you did great. Visiting from TRDC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it weird that I'm craving a fluffernutter now?

    Nice spin on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, marshmallows. So simple in their deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds think alike. I did marshmallow fluff for my post. I loved your spin on things. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I salute you! I made it a point to not use anything from my pantry that had an ingredient with more than 3 syllables. You are a braver woman than I :-).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute! I love your Ode to a Marshmallow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! And loved the last line. I see you're trying to a novel (or three published). Looks like we have a lot in common...

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was cute. An ode to a marshmallow, absolutely fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete