My Novels

My Novels
Click through to buy my books

Mar 9, 2011

Robert Asprin (1946 – 2008)

Here is a man who died the way I wish to: in bed, reading a Terry Pratchett novel.



If you love all things silly and nonsensical, you will love Robert Asprin’s Myth Adventure series. Fantasy can have a way of dropping completely out of reality. Asprin embraced that fact and decided to create his own reality with his own rules in this three decade-spanning series. The series mainly follows Skeeve, a young Klahd magician; Ahz, a demon from the dimension of Perv; Gleep, Skeeve’s pet dragon; and Tanda, a nymphly Trollop (female troll).



Each of the books titles are a play on words, substituting Myth for another word (usually miss). (e.g., Sweet Myth-Tery of Life, Hit or Myth, Something M.Y.T.H. Inc., and so on…)

5 comments:

  1. That would be a nice way to go! In my sleep, reading something not embarrassing (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert Asprin has always been one of my favorites. I was so had to find out last year that he passed... and aghast that I hadn't heard about it when it happened! I miss him.

    ReplyDelete