My Novels

My Novels
Click through to buy my books

Feb 2, 2012

The Maria Paradox

So, I am not Latina… which if you know me, is quite evident (my skandahovian roots show all about me), but I love books. Which is also kind of evident if you know me…

Anyway, Agent Meredith Barnes is having a promotional contest on her blog (it started today and if you’re a writer, like myself, you’ll really want to check it out – I’ll post the link at the bottom of the page. Please keep reading.) and it’s all about The Maria Paradox, an ebook I'm using to better understand one of my characters.

Here’s the official Press release:

THE MARIA PARADOX, written by Drs. Rosa Gil and Carmen Vazquez, is a unique self-help guide for Hispanic women and the men who love them.

The authors challenge the machismo-reinforcing idea of “marianismo,” a centuries-old belief system that in effect tells Latinas: "Don't forget a woman's subservient place; never put your own needs first; sex is for making babies.”

Filled with self-help exercises, this clearly written manual offers practical advice on how to build support networks, overcome passivity, forge career paths, change or get out of abusive relationships and increase sexual fulfillment.
Filled with real-life success stories and wise, compassionate advice, THE MARIA PARADOX details how Latinas can enjoy the best of both worlds.

The book can be purchased from all major online retailers. The authors can also be found on Twitter and on Facebook


Follow The Maria Paradox on Twitter
Check out their Facebook page
And consider buying the book!
I bought my copy on Amazon.


Now, if you’re interested in this nifty contest, in which you could win a query critique, first 30 page critique, and a 20 minute skype call, check out Meredith’s blog post about it here

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like an intense sort of book. I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great contest and a very interesting book. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. And all the best with your character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what do you have to do? I suppose I'll just read her post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great contest. Good luck with the character!!

    ReplyDelete