Jul 3, 2012

Review: Alien Proliferation by Gini Koch

Alien Proliferation

(Book 4: Alien/Kitty Katt Series)

By Gini Koch

Comical Earth-Based Science Fiction Romance 
Paperback, 458 pages

Published by DAW

Released December 6, 2011



My Summary:
To keep from spoiling, I’m not going to summarize this one.

My Review:
Much more somber than the series first three installments, this book continues with Koch’s normal plot structure with a major climax 3/4 through the book and then a final battle/event to cap it all off. At least it’s consistent.
The novel does introduce my two favorite pairings of the series so far, one romantic and one professional – though it does involve Kitty, so there’s always some flirting involved.
There is an event that occurs that strives to level the playing field for kitty (and while it doesn’t, I have to wonder what the point of it was. It fell flat for me.

Buy, Borrow, Brush Past:
At this point I think if you’re invested in the series, keep buying them, but if you’re not terribly smitten by the first three, this one probably won’t hold your fancy.


Review Book 1 - Touched by an Alien (Kitty Katt)
Review Book 2 -
Alien Tango (Kitty Katt)
Review Book 3 -
Alien in the Family (Kitty Katt)
Review Book 5- Alien Diplomacy (Kitty Katt)

1 comment:

  1. An interesting review. I'm a big fan of sci-fi but I've never heard of this series.

    ReplyDelete