Aug 1, 2012

The Start of Something... Interesting


They say “Dress for the job you want”… but sadly, I have to wear pants in polite society.

I think that this is a theorem that actually works better as a guideline for most things in the writing world, though. I may not “dress” for the job I want, I dress for the job I have – and even then I bend the dress code. But, I work as though I have the job I want. I make deadlines. I stick to writing schedules and I get things done in a timeline that is not always super fun, but it gets things done (That is, I do when I set my mind to it. Let’s not talk about the fiasco that was the first half of this year!)

Anyway. Next week and for the following several weeks, I’m going to do a blog series that will tell  you how to write a novel… or really, how I write my novels. It may not be what you want to hear, it may not work for you… you may not be able to pump out 6,000-words or more  a day when working on a first draft, but if you’re having trouble with any part of the process… maybe it’ll help? Maybe you just want to look at what I do and point and laugh. Either way works.

So… look for that starting next Wednesday!

1 comment: