My Novels

My Novels
Click through to buy my books

Aug 9, 2012

Update: Burnout


This week has been interesting, I’m pretty sure I hit the burnout point on Novel #8 on Thursday at around 55,000-words. So I’ve been taking a break from that to regroup and refocus so I can go back and finish that. In the mean time, I’ve been working on this and that. (The spreadsheet doesn’t reflect the words I put in on a novel I’m not supposed to work on until next year.)


SD (Novel #6) is something I'm supposed to work on in September and DD (Novel #10) isn't slated until October. But, I feel utterly useless if I'm not putting down some kind of word count.

Along with the 6500 words for #6 this week... I also did this:

This is one of my spreadsheets-o-doom. Welcome to my characters and all the little things you're probably not going to get to know about them....

The Pink section is on a conditional formatting to help me look at how much more I have to get done! And, as you can see, I've a long way to go. I color in the sections that have been turned into actual pieces of the story. (The other color variations are just because it makes my brain happy)

So, that's this week's update. How's your writing/revising/whatever going?

3 comments:

  1. I looove the rainbow spreadsheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm elevating you to status: uber author now. This is one heck of a display of organizational skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking a break until November. By then my novel will be out for over a month, marketing underway and I'll be ready for NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete