Sep 19, 2012

Review: Aftermath

Aftermath

(Sirantha Jax 5)

By Ann Aguirre

Paperback, 307 pages
Science Fiction Romance and a quest for atonement

Published by Ace
Released August 30th, 2011







My Summary:

 - Because we’re so far along in the series, I’m not going to summarize. Saves you from spoilers if you’re skimming –

My Review:

This book is incredibly depressing. Just to forewarn you. The novel wraps up a lot of the previous four books’ loose ends… but at the same time gives you the feeling some of your favorite characters are going to be abandoned in for the next (and final) installment.

I know Ann Aguirre is a wonderful wordstress… because she can make one hundred pages of a trial worth reading. Injection of too much Law mumbo jumbo tends to bore me and I start to skim. That didn’t happen in this novel.

Once again, the reason I think I love these books as much as I do, is that Miss Aguirre sets you on a certain course and then twiddles her thumbs and whistles as she kicks you viciously off in a different direction. There is one point in particular (that I won’t spoil) where I honestly stopped and thought… How the heck did we come to this? These books threaten to give you severe reader-whiplash.

I do think that this book is a notch down from the others. I was pretty happy to see there’s only one more book in the series, as I feel this storyline is running out of steam, and I like it enough that I really don’t want it to crash and burn.

Buy, Borrow, Brush Past:

If you’ve liked the series so far I think the entire thing is worthy of a Buy. Definitely worth continuing the series (especially given how the last book left off.


Review Book 1: Grimspace
Review Book 2: Wanderlust 
Review Book 3: Doubleblind 
Review Book 4: Killbox 

No comments:

Post a Comment