Oct 12, 2012

Update: 20k added (Over half way there)

This week was about a thousand words shorter than I’d hoped – mostly because of the boss’s decision to ant bomb the back office which made it very hard to focus for the second half of that day – but I won’t turn my nose up at 20k words.

Yesterday I wrote the big reveal scene, and next week I’ll write the scene that raises the stakes to well past “dire.” I’ve told one of my betas that I’d like to fling the book at her then, so she’d read only to the super cliffhanger that I know will have her sending me vicious emails… because it is my goal to make her hate me by at least 2/3rds of the way through a book (Which I should reach midway through next week).

I will admit, however, there have been several days this week I wanted to bin all my writing reqs and just read. (Which is why most of this week I’ve been meeting my word goal in 4 hours.

Here’s the Chart:



I hope whatever you’ve been working on is going as smoothly!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear how well things are progressing! Yay!!

    My WIP isn't going so well. It was almost finished (doing a final proofread), and then I decided to re-edit a couple of chapters--I edited out the heart and soul. Time to go back and refix it. heavy sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't you just hate when editing seems to mess more things up than it fixes? I have a second draft waiting for another slashing with the red pen that I know is just a terrible mess. (It's one of the first things I'm going to attack when my writing hiatus starts...)

      Good luck with your fixes!

      Delete